Please test the firmware release candidate q2d04m.rom

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Tue Nov 27 23:01:59 EST 2007

elw at stderr.org wrote:

> I loaded it on a B4 (with an .es keyboard...) a few minutes ago.
>
> So far, everything seems to work.
>
> Do we have a set of 'known bugs' that are tending to exacerbate
> suspend/resume-y issues?

d04m was short lived... It has a bug with nuking all SCI's after a
normal suspend/resume case when used with stable kernels.

Thats now fixed up all the short term smoke tests passed and we released
q2d05.rom

There is still not an all-clear yet for suspend/resume.

To do proper suspend/resume you need at minimum:

1) MP hardware (or hardware ECOed to MP levels)
2) System Firmware >= Q2D05
3) EC cmd 0x32 patched kernel.

#3 does not yet exist but should show up in a joyride kernel soon.

Lack of any of the above means you roll the dice on one of many
different failure modes.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child