WSJ

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Tue Nov 27 00:42:54 EST 2007

> > It's not About the Hardware:
>
> In principle, that is true.
>
> In practice, it is the hardware that has been responsible for all the
> attention.

  Alan Kay once said: "Reality is a low-pass filter."  (High-frequency
ideas cannot go through it.)

> If the project had been just a software framework to support
> constructivist education, the worldwide response would have been "ho
> hum, yet another program/operating system/GUI/whatyoumaycallit".

  Thank god our project is not like that.  With that hardware and
great software and content (that potentially also work on other
hardware) will make a kick-ass learning platform.  The latter needs
more attention to really achieve that.

-- Yoshiki