Please increase stability in joyride...

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Mon Nov 26 12:34:41 EST 2007

I note that over the last few days, people (who will remain nameless)
have dumped things into joyride without adequate testing, causing
regressions.

We are well beyond feature freeze, and into "only fix the important
bugs" phase.

For the record, I consider a change in how packages are built as risky
as invasive changes in a package.  While I am as anxious to see our
packages rebuild in a consistent environment as the next guy, changing
the environment in which a package is built is similarly risky, this can
wait until after Update.1.  Such rebuilds essentially invalidates all
previous testing of that package, as both the compiler, build flags, and
libraries might all affect the behavior of that package as rebuilt.

	Thanks for your cooperation; the release is in sight...
                            - Jim

--
Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child