Keyboard switching

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 17:32:06 EST 2007

On Nov 23, 2007 3:38 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know how to switch the console keyboard, and how to use SCIM for IME
> switching, but how does one switch the X keyboard? I haven't found
> this information on the Wiki.

I thank the people who pointed to the explanation of editing xorg.conf
to enable switching layouts via the keyboard. The answer I was looking
for, however, is that one can use setxkbmap from the Developer Console
to access any layout, whether switching to it is enabled in xorg.conf
or not.

I have added this information to the Wiki, including links to it in
the Pootle FAQ.

This is still not adequate for creating multilingual or even bilingual
documents, which our students will need to do with great frequency.