Pen Tablet reacts slowly

Andre Schmeißer schmeisser at iupr.org
Fri Nov 23 15:25:46 EST 2007

> For Paint, Tablet should work as described in
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Draw#Tablet_Support

I don't understand right now if that is how it works or
how it should work when it's finished. (I don't have the machine
here atm to test)
I originally mentioned Paint because Bert Freudenberg told me
the tablet was entirely disabled on his B4, which surprised me.

> So, we should distinguish if the event comes from Pen Tablet. Right now,
> if you use PT on Paint, it will work as the regular touchpad. As you
> said, there is a delay; I found no click events here. I have just tested
> Paint in a B3 with build 623 and the correct event is motion-notify;
> sorry for the mistake.

Yes, that's what I get too. I'm using the motion events to try
handwriting recognition. It kinda works on my wacom test tablet,
but the delay at the start of each stroke makes it really painful on
the XO.

> Did you do something else to detect a pen tablet event?

I think not. I'm using set_extension_events and the device.name
is the PTxxxx name from xorg.conf. I did do an XDeviceGrab in an
external C module for the PT, but i don't know if that effects the
device.name's of the events

> BTW, we tested things in Paint, your code structure is very similar to
> ours :)

I hoped it would be a simple mistake on my side. :(