running your own Jabber server for XOs

tekelsey at gmail.com tekelsey at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 20:04:00 EST 2007

I don't know to bring it together, but I do have a research license for a jabber client called TrIM, which can facilitate multilingual instant messaging. There is an xmpp version, and Franz Och agreed to open up there statistical machine translation api, but some coding would be required to join the two. If anyone is interested please feel free to get in touch. I will make a wiki page so that I'm not a bottleneck (but I'd love to test it). Also if anyone would like to try the current java version, I have an instance and would be glad to set up a demo. I'll do my best to remember to post some screenshots too (it's pretty cool).