Egads! :-)

Ed Montgomery edm at rocketmail.com
Fri Nov 16 08:10:43 EST 2007

> > treating it as a thin client, to address those in
some countries
 who may feel it is important to have children learn
ms office and windows
 for employment purposes?

> Schools should be teaching the concept of word
processing not a
 specific
> word processor but that is as far as I will go with
"throwing
 tomatoes".

Sigh...well, it was only a matter of time, I guess,
before an M$ troll would show up.  Children should NOT
be learning 'M$' ANYTHING! for 'employment purposes'.
This is an education project, not an employment
project. As a teacher, I am much, much more in tune
with teaching concepts, such as word processing, etc.,
rather than a product of a corrupt megacorporation.
(and if you want lots and lots of evidence,
references, etc. for that, please feel free to email
me and/or visit my blog at cdneducation.blogspot.com).
 And $3 per user is too much.  $2 per user is too
much.  $1 per user is too much.  Sense a pattern here?
;-).  Free, with source code would be ideal.  Does M$
have that?  No?  Does M$ support the four freedoms?
No?  Well, then M$ doesn't fit the spec.  Too bad.
Bye-bye. (And sorry for the rant everyone.  This is a
developers conference, and it is evident that the M$
poster doesn't understand what that means.  As
mentioned, any poster who wants to discuss education,
philosophy, etc. email me personally, and stop
cluttering up a dev conference with such drivel. My
apologies to all here.)
</end rant> ;-)