[PyCON-Organizers] OLPCs not considerate wireless users

Javier Cardona javier at cozybit.com
Wed Nov 14 17:36:31 EST 2007

Rob,

> After brainstorming with some other folks at Hacker's, our feeling is the
> problem was caused by having multiple APs with the same identical SSID,
> but multiple MACs. This should be easy to reproduce if you can
> reconfigure several APs without causing other problems. :-)

It would be a great help if folks would capture traffic when they
observe network problems with the xo's.  Here's how to do it on the xo
itself:  http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/4805#comment:22
This way we could really get some insight on what was the real cause
for this problem.

For this particular instance, does anyone recall what was the
brand/model of those access points?

Cheers,

Javier

--