wireless troubles, part 1: unencrypted AP

Kim Quirk kim at laptop.org
Mon Nov 12 16:31:50 EST 2007

Pascal,
We don't officially support WPA, as in we will not be working fixing issues
associated with that until sometime after Dec1 (Update.1).

The bug about not connecting to an AP, is actually been found to be multiple
clicks when you hit the button on the touchpad. Not sure of the root cause
for this bug... but if you use a USB mouse, you will not get the multiple
click behavior and you will be able to connect to unencrypted and WEP
enabled APs.

I believe we will see many other problems with double instead of single
clicking (liek with the WEP key enter box)... so I expect they will all be
fixed at once with the double click fix.

It might be worth waiting for the next release to file more bugs in this
area... hopefully some of them will just go away.

Kim