Emulating stable build in Parallels Desktop on Mac OS X

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Nov 12 00:53:53 EST 2007

The frame-buffer scaling is specific to Etoys. It traditionally uses
its own OS-independent frame-buffer, rather than GTK/Cairo as the
other activities do.

Ideally someone would patch Qemu to allow a 1200x900 resolution. In
theory that would simply require adding a 1200x900x16 mode to the
VESA mode list. Having that resolution would go a long way already,
but adding scaling (even if by a fixed factor of 0.5) would make it
an even better emulation environment.

- Bert -