active antenna, outback test #2, 1.1km with terrain obstruction

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sat Nov 10 19:20:51 EST 2007

G'day,

Following yesterday's initial test, we did another over a dirt road test
range with a previously characterised terrain obstruction in the fresnel
zone.

With B4 and B2 units in July we got 400m range, but we were able to get
the active antenna link out to 1100m.  Again this is most likely due to
the increased height above ground ... school antenna should be high.

Photographs of both active antenna tests can be found at:

http://dev.laptop.org/~quozl/2007-11-10-clancy/images.html

Logs and notes at:

http://dev.laptop.org/~quozl/2007-11-10-clancy/README
http://dev.laptop.org/~quozl/2007-11-10-clancy/a