MP Build... FYI

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Sun Nov 4 14:06:57 EST 2007

Hi,

   > I'm still confused/concerned....  In particular, I have memories of
   > a change for manufacturing test to cause the systems to wake up on
   > multi-cast, to enable the mass suspend/resume testing of units.

   > Andres, did this ever go by chance into the 62x series of builds
   > (as opposed to being a separate kernel RPM?

   > If so, at which build did it go in?

There's been a miscommunication:  while the ChangeLog for 624 says
"* libertas wake on network data" (whatever that means), such a patch
was not in the build.  The only difference between 623->624 was one
patch that modified the DCON, and the only difference between 624->625
was another single DCON patch.  Jim's description of each build is
correct.

The "wake on broadcast" patch went into a "mfgtest" kernel branch
so that it could be used independently by Quanta (since it is not
appropriate for a release).  The 6xx builds use the "trial-3"
series of kernels, which did not see this patch.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>