MP Build... FYI

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 08:49:20 EST 2007

To summarize:

(1) We have consensus from both OLPC and Quanta that we do NOT put
bits on any MP machines that have not gone through our testing
regimes. This means that 625 will NOT go on any machines until we have
tested it.

(2) We have tested 624.

(3) OLPC believes that the risk associated with the DCON bug, given
the lack of aggressive suspend/resume in the 624 build, is minimal.

(4) We believe that the kernel patch in 625 is adequate to address the
DCON bug. This is being tested now.

Until we reach conclusion re 625, we should be using 624 for MP.

If 625 does indeed fix the DCON bug, then we should roll over to it,
if and only if we are able to find adequate testing resources. The
changes will be incorporated into Update.1 regardless.

If 625 does not fix the DCON bug, we need to consider alternatives.

Agreed?

-walter