Project hosting :: ColingoXO

Todd Kelsey tekelsey at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 18:55:25 EDT 2007

ben I have a server if you need space. how much space do you need? could put
it there until olpc scaled out. you can call 312-236-2132 x153 during biz
day cst

ah i see you need git. well i have the server if someone could put git there

On 11/1/07, Benjamin Lowenstein <ben at colingo.org> wrote:

> Hi, we applied for Project Hosting on 23 Oct and heard no response, SJ
> suggested that we reapply...
>
> 1. Project name             : ColingoXO
> 2. Existing website, if any : http://wiki.laptop.org/go/colingoXO
> 3. One-line description     : ColingoXO creates a platform for
> constructivist language-learning by letting children splice video clips to
> create and share video narratives.
>
> 4. Longer description       :
>
> Children will be able to use all video clips from the copyleft Colingo
> video library or alternatively record new clips with the XO camera and
> microphone. Beyond its role as a simple video editor, ColingoXO will focus
> on taking advantage of the XO's mesh capabilities. Videos will not be housed
> on individual XO's, but rather be housed and streamed from the School
> server. Video narratives, which are essentially XSPF playlists, will be kept
> locally in the Journal and be easily passed through the mesh due to their
> lightweight, text-based format. Please see our wiki page for more info and a
> screenshot of the UI, designed by Eben...
>
> 5. URLs of similar projects : http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Shtooka_Project
>
> 6. Committer list
>    Please list the maintainer (lead developer) as the first entry. Only
> list
>    developers who need to be given accounts so that they can commit to
> your
>    project's code repository, or push their own. There is no need to list
>    non-committer developers.
>
>       Username   Full name             SSH2 key URL
> E-mail
>       --------   ---------             ------------
> ------
>    #1 awjrichards    Arthur Richards    http://dev.colingo.org/mediawiki/index.php/User:Arthur
>     arthur at colingo.org
>    #2 lionstone    Ben Lowenstein       http://dev.colingo.org/mediawiki/index.php/User:Ben
>        ben at colingo.org
>
>    If any developers don't have their SSH2 keys on the web, please attach
> them
>    to the application e-mail.
>
> 7. Preferred development model
>
>    [X] Central tree. Every developer can push his changes directly to the
>        project's git tree. This is the standard model that will be
> familiar to
>        CVS and Subversion users, and that tends to work well for most
> projects.
>
>    [ ] Maintainer-owned tree. Every developer creates his own git tree, or
>        multiple git trees. He periodically asks the maintainer to look at
> one
>        or more of these trees, and merge changes into the
> maintainer-owned,
>        "main" tree. This is the model used by the Linux kernel, and is
>        well-suited to projects wishing to maintain a tighter control on
> code
>        entering the main tree.
>
>    If you choose the maintainer-owned tree model, but wish to set up some
> [...]

Todd Kelsey

"Let's empower people to be green."-Anon

Tour of laptop | http://wiki.laptop.org/go/608-demo-notes

About Me/CFTW | http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dhbxftbn_35f5b46b&hl=en">
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dhbxftbn_35f5b46b&hl=en

Loving the World | http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dhbxftbn_36cx4kj7

"Fascinating for me to sit here and realize the interplay and influence that
music can have -- it is a part of my life, yet I haven't continued as I
could, partly out of thinking "there are more important things". but it has
it's place. i am sitting at olpc offices, and someone is playing pink floyd,
and I think music is a gift of creativity that can inspire an atmosphere of
creativity, and the range of such echoes is infinite." - Me

"Did Apple design it?"
- Asked by Noura, a woman in her twenties, when she saw the xo laptop for
the first time on a recent plane flight.

Tunes:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=191736094