Trac needs more memory

Albert Cahalan acahalan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 13:59:17 EDT 2007

On 11/1/07, Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> wrote:
> On Nov 1, 2007, at 2:35 AM, Albert Cahalan wrote:
> > Trac ran out of memory on Nov 1 at 2:16 AM EST.
>
> These tend to be transient. Reloading the page immediately usually
> succeeds. We'll look at fixing the root cause later.

It usually fails now.

Swap space should take care of a memory leak if you have
a 64-bit address space. You can go very deep into swap
without hurting performance if it's just a leak.

I seem to recall something about being unable to start fresh
on each web request because of start-up time for the scripts.
This doesn't sound very fixable to me. Migration to something
else is the long-term solution. Debian's bug tracking system
is probably the best one out there. (fully controlled by email)