Geode tuning

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue May 22 15:45:01 EDT 2007

Bernardo Innocenti wrote:

> We don't have the numbers yet, but we'll most probably
> need to custom-build at least glibc.  Other candidates
> include openssl, the X server, python and maybe cairo.

And yet another thing I forgot: a few days ago
Chris Ball told me about the performance testing suite
that runs as part of tinderbox.

Most of the tests may be used to measure compiler
and glibc improvements on the whole distribution
scale.

I've not yet had the time to bother J5 to explain
me how our build harness works, but for these tests
it would be great if we could make it independent of
the build server so we could have personal builds
on developer accounts.

Am I too optimistic if I expect our build to be
completely automated so that we can get an OS
image out of a bunch of SRPMS?

--
   // Bernardo Innocenti
 \X/  http://www.codewiz.org/