PowerTOP tool released; time to fix the wasted laptop power on fedora?

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Mon May 14 12:37:07 EDT 2007

On 14/05/07 12:20 -0400, William Cohen wrote:
> interesting information about power consumption isn't available. The code
> attempts to read the ACPI information (/proc/acpi/processor/) for C state
> information. Is there some other place that this type of information would be
> available on XO machine?

You mean /proc/acpi/processor/../power specifically?

We only support a maximum of "C1" (esentially 'hlt').  Not sure how much
more of that information it needs.  I'm also not sure how we can report
the "current C" state. I guess we would need a file of our own.

If you can figure out what information the app needs, we can either dummy
it up, or figure out a way around it. :)

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Senior Linux Engineer