Measurements on the speakers

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Thu May 10 23:10:36 EDT 2007

Jim Gettys wrote:
> (Some of) the microphones in B2 are really lousy: B3 should improve the
> situation on the mikes quite a bit.
>                          - Jim

>From my experience, even cheap electret microphones (<<$1) tend to
perform much better than loudspeakers, both in terms of frequency
response and harmonic distortion. The only thing I think is important --
if it's not the case already -- would be to use figure-of-eight
directional microphones so that the loudspeakers end up being in the
(theoretical) null of the microphone. That would minimise the direct
speaker->mic path.

	Jean-Marc