Meshing while suspended

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed May 9 17:26:20 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 10:34 -0700, Javier Cardona wrote:
> James,
>
> On 5/9/07, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 10:16 -0400, Jim Gettys wrote:
> > > It will also require upgrading the Boot2 code in the wireless module to
> > > 3107, IIRC.
> >
> > Probably not.
>
> True:  the new boot2 is not needed to test autonomous mode.  It is
> only needed for the nohost Mesh Points.  Also, the driver in the
> current build (406) will work fine in autonomous mode and it supports
> suspend to memory. So, to test you will need:
>
> 1. Install build 406
> 2. Copy the latest wireless firmware (5.220.11p4) to /lib/firmware
> 3. Reboot in the new kernel/wireless firmware.
> 4. Configure the wireless interface or wait for it to auto-start the
> mesh in channel 1.
> 5. Suspend to RAM
>
> # echo 'm' > /sys/power/state
>
> After suspending the 'Associated' led should remain on, and the
> wireless interface will continue to forward traffic.

The issue came up the other day, how do we deal with WPA & Dynamic WEP
rekeying when asleep?  Since the supplicant runs in userspace, something
needs to wake up the host CPU at the right time to do the rekeying
dance.  At least we don't actually _do_ WPA correctly yet in the driver,
but something think about.

Dan