Meshing while suspended

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed May 9 10:57:39 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 10:16 -0400, Jim Gettys wrote:
> It will also require upgrading the Boot2 code in the wireless module to
> 3107, IIRC.

Probably not, actually; the Boot2 is pretty independent of the RAM-load
firmware.  The Boot2 historically screwed us only with USB interactions
with the 5536, making it unable to accept firmware uploads at boot time
or to even enumerate on the USB bus.  3107 should fix most of those USB
things, and has a much safer Boot2 update implementation (ie, you can
actually tell when it's done writing the new bits to the SPI flash,
which you couldn't < 3107, you just had to wait 30s).

Dan