Partitioning under Linux?

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Wed May 9 10:20:56 EDT 2007

OFW does not emulate all the legacy PC hardware you'd need to run DOS
unchanged: e.g. VESA (since the VESA emulation code in AMD's Geode VSA
was the one part they could not open source due to not owning rights),
and the PCI configuration emulation code (which was getting in our way
for fast resume).

DOS would (did) run on the Insyde bios used initially on the ATest
boards, but that BIOS won't run on the later OLPC system (it would need
lots of drivers like DCON, to be functional).

So no, DOS won't run on the raw iron; it should run under the PC
emulators for Linux.
                                  - Jim

Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child