Meshing while suspended

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed May 9 09:27:29 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 22:05 +1000, James Cameron wrote:
> On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 01:20:27PM -0700, Javier Cardona wrote:
> > The latest wireless firmware (5.220.11p4) implements mesh autonomous
> > mode:  the wireless interface will continue to participate in the mesh
> > while the main CPU is suspended to RAM.
>
> Excellent, my testing process can use this.  What OS build is this
> version in, or if not yet in a build, how can I obtain and use it?

It's not in an OS build yet, actually.  We're still in the freeze for B3
and we need to do a lot of work to get the libertas driver merged for
2.6.22 first.  You could probably roll a driver yourself (if it requires
driver changes), otherwise if we can get sign-off from CozyBit and
Marvell on the firmware, we can put it somewhere public.  Can that
version be released publicly already?  I'm a bit fuzzy on when various
versions can/cannot go out.

Dan