Build 472 - testing

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Sat Jun 30 07:57:50 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 21:37 -0400, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 11:23 -0400, Kim Quirk wrote:
> > Test Groups,
> > Build 472 is available, but the biggest problem is that it doesn't get
> > on the mesh or infrastructure AP. Some activities are working and
> > there is more to see in the Journal than the previous build.
> >
> > I'm hoping that we can get another build today with the network
> > problem fixed since that would be important for our 'Release Candidate
> > 1'. Today's milestone is to get to RC1 which has most of the basic
> > functionality that was available in 406 builds. If we can get the mesh
> > connecting again, that would be great!
> >
> > Test release notes: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_Group_Release_Notes
> > (Anyone can add notes about this release page -- please do)
>
> I couldn't fix the mesh issues with the current NetworkManager so I have
> backtracked to an earlier working version in build478.  This one gets on
> the mesh and also on AP points.
>
> http://olpc.download.redhat.com/olpc/streams/development/build478/

So thinking about it again, we don't expect the new svn2621 NM bits to
work with any existing mesh networks because the server software and
hardware needs to change.

We have to have a flag day in Cambridge too before we can get the new NM
automeshing bits, because the new bits aren't compatible with the old
bits on the server side.

Dan