System update spec proposal

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Tue Jun 26 20:58:31 EDT 2007

On Jun 26, 2007, at 7:21 PM, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> Also, 2G of memory on the school server is nice - as long as you don't
> expect to do anything else.  Or as long as you don't want to do what I
> mention above and shove everything into memory to avoid the thrashing
> problem.

I see no reason why the school server should be configured to allow
more than 10-20 simultaneous client updates. We're not going for real-
time propagation update here. Our largest schools can get updated
within a day or so at that rate, and all others within at most a few
hours.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D