System update spec proposal

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Jun 26 19:23:29 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 15:59 -0400, Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
>     * "VServer" only appeared in public discussions yesterday or so
>       AFAIK, yet it's apparently already the chosen path for doing the
>       system compartmentalization.

It's a short-term hack, because the people working on the security stuff
let it all slide for too long and now have declared that we don't have
time to do anything sensible. It will be dropped as soon as possible,
because we know it's not a viable and supportable plan in the long (or
even medium) term.

--
dwmw2