A different proposal for XO upgrade.

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Tue Jun 26 16:45:11 EDT 2007

On 6/26/07, Mike C. Fletcher <mcfletch at vrplumber.com> wrote:
> You've just described BitTorrent, if I'm not missing something.  It's

Hmm, that is interesting.  I hadn't made the connection.  I don't
think bittorrent supports symlinks, hardlinks, permissions, ownership,
xattrs, or ACLs, though, which would make its use strictly
experimental for now.  But it would be something interesting to look
at post-FRS.  Certainly we should take a hard look before rolling a
new CDS from scratch; from the specification at
http://www.bittorrent.org/protocol.html it seems like the missing
filesystem metadata bits wouldn't be too hard to add.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )