Ivan's XO Field Upgrade Proposal

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Tue Jun 26 15:18:27 EDT 2007

Ivan Krstić wrote:
> On Jun 26, 2007, at 2:13 PM, Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
>> We should be planning to allow for the root file system to be
>> potentially two or three layers deep with installed, but not yet fully
>> tested/accepted upgrade overlays.
>
> Let's please table this discussion until we're way, way past FRS.
Fair enough I suppose.  I would have thought that during a period likely
to have *many* updates it would be useful to have the ability to back up
in a more fine-grained way, but point taken.  I'd still like to advocate
that during development we try to keep the possibility open for the
fine-grained tracking.

Enjoy,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher