How to obtain serial number in linux

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Thu Jun 21 00:50:03 EDT 2007

David Woodhouse wrote:
> I remember a lot of noise and pointless paranoia, but no actual _mess_.

A lot of noise and pointless paranoia over something with no practical
benefits and plenty of abuse potential sure as hell qualifies as a mess
in my book. There was a tremendous amount of consumer and media backlash
including a request for a formal FTC investigation.

> But I don't own a tinfoil hat -- so maybe someone's controlling my brain
> to make me not see the problem.

Everyone knows tinfoil hats are a government conspiracy:

    http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

I expect more of you, Dave. The Truth Is Out There!

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D