Math activity

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 16:36:13 EDT 2007

I control the rights to I-APL, a highly portable array-oriented math
language that resides in less than 32K. APL has successfully been used as
the primary math language in schools, and to teach programming to third
graders. I would be happy to get I-APL GPLed if I can get some assistance
turning it into a Sugar activity. We offer C and x86 source for the virtual
machine. It would be easy to create a Python version, or modify the x86
version for Linux.

We also have math textbooks written in the language, from arithmetic to
calculus, that we can GDL, and a book on methods of teaching using APL. The
basic language documentation is available in English, French, Japanese, and
other languages. I can probably get Associacao Portuguesa da Linguagem APL
to do Portuguese versions for Brazil.

--
Edward Cherlin
Earth Treasury: End Poverty at a Profit