OLPC battery class

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Jun 19 22:57:10 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 16:57 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > > Hmm. I'm not completely convinced (are there any ac adapters that report
> > > temperature current or voltage?)
> >
> > I don't have any. They certainly exist in high-end machines though. And
> > even when they _don't_ have the temp/current/voltage measurements,
> > they're _still_ just another power supply, with fewer of the optional
> > extra properties. Having an entirely separate 'class' of devices just
> > for them is a lot of duplication for no real reason.
>
> Okay, but are they still under /sys/class/battery/ tho?

It became apparent that 'battery' was a bad name, due to the above. It's
now /sys/class/power_supply/$devname and looks a bit like this...

	capacity:       91
	capacity_level: Full
	current_avg:    130
	health:         Good
	present:        1
	status:         Full
	technology:     Unknown
	temp:           2239
	temp_ambient:   5000
	type:           Battery
	voltage_avg:    6979620

... and this...

UDEV  [1136267947.825844] change   /devices/platform/olpc-battery.0/power_supply/olpc-battery (power_supply)
UDEV_LOG=3
ACTION=change
DEVPATH=/devices/platform/olpc-battery.0/power_supply/olpc-battery
SUBSYSTEM=power_supply
SEQNUM=694
POWER_SUPPLY_NAME=olpc-battery
POWER_SUPPLY_TYPE=Battery
POWER_SUPPLY_STATUS=Full
POWER_SUPPLY_PRESENT=1
POWER_SUPPLY_HEALTH=Good
POWER_SUPPLY_TECHNOLOGY=Unknown
POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_AVG=6982060
POWER_SUPPLY_CURRENT_AVG=0
POWER_SUPPLY_CAPACITY=91
POWER_SUPPLY_CAPACITY_LEVEL=Full
POWER_SUPPLY_TEMP=2237
POWER_SUPPLY_TEMP_AMBIENT=5000
UDEVD_EVENT=1

> Is there any chance you can stick the code into a new kernel rpm for me
> pls?

Soon, when I have it working properly... :)

--
dwmw2