New activities proposals due today...

stas zytkiewicz stas.zytkiewicz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 13:04:16 EDT 2007

On 6/19/07, Jim Gettys <jg at laptop.org> wrote:
> As you know, we're coming up on feature freeze on our next major set of
> Trial software.  If you are developing an activity you'd like to see
> available as part of the trial, please let us know today so we can have
> some insight into its state.

Hi Jim, I've just added "Guido van Robot" to the olpc activities wiki.
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Software_projects#Guido_van_Robot_.28educational_programming_language.29
http://gvr.sourceforge.net/

It's a localized minimalistic programming language and it comes with a
GTK based IDE and 18 lessons. (All GPL and FDL of course)
It's used in classrooms to teach young students the basic concepts of
programming for over three years now and it now supports eight
languages.
It's stable and it runs, almost, perfectly on the XO.

I'm currently working on adding the lessons to the package and turning it
into a olpc "activity bundle".

Regards,
Stas Zytkiewicz

--
A collection of educational activities for schools
http://www.schoolsplay.org