German Press

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Jun 8 16:32:21 EDT 2007

On Jun 8, 2007, at 19:41 , Jörn Engel wrote:

> On Fri, 8 June 2007 16:58:09 +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>>
>> I gave a talk in Potsdam yesterday which resulted in surprisingly
>> large press coverage for OLPC. Which is good, comments were positive
>> in general. Unfortunately, not every journalist gets their quotes
>> exactly right - in a least one publication they wrote that I was the
>> only German "OLPC" developer, when in fact I said that I was the only
>> German member of the Etoys team.
>
> That must have been the Spiegel.  The article was corrected by now. :)

Yes, I sent them a mail and they changed it. At least in online media
they can do that ... I saw only the Financial Times article in print
and from cursory inspection it looked okayish.

But it's amazing how people can get it so wrong - like, in the Sat.1
news I was credited as "Prof." Bert Freudenberg of "Hasso-Plattner-
Institut", even though I'm positive I gave them my card which says
none of this. Sigh.

- Bert -