Splitting the ncurses RPM

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 10:48:39 EDT 2007

Miroslav Lichvar (mlichvar at redhat.com) said:
> > For sanity's sake on upgrades, leaving the libraries in the same
> > package name (multilib) would be best.
>
> I'm confused, do you want to keep the libraries in ncurses package?

(This has nothing to to with OLPC, and everything to do with the distro)

If the libraries move to a different package, we end up with ncurses-devel/
ncurses-libs being multilib, instead of ncurses-devel/ncurses as we have
currently. This causes problems for upgrades with getting a no-longer-multilib
ncurses package off the system for the secondary arch. So, if possible,
keeping the libraries in the 'same' package as it was previously is preferred.

Bill