XOs interacting with general computers (was: Devel Digest, Vol 17, Issue 52)

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Wed Jul 25 14:27:26 EDT 2007

I don't have a solution either but I have have been in touch with one
organisation concerned by child abuse in France. What they told me is
they would like to provide the children with an easy way to report
abuse.

The hard problem is that if an organisation go in an online forum with
the nick littlegirl_11yo, they will see abuse but it has no value for a
judge because they are adults. So they need to get report from children
directly. If the child can understand there is an abuse, she can't
easily report it, even the adults beside won't be able to easily gather
all the information needed to catch the offender because they lack the
technical knowledge.

Based on that, I would suggest to have an 'Abuse report' button that
would gather the information and send it to a team that will analyse and
take the appropriate actions. This could be to improve the filtering
system if any, blacklisting, or even go to the police with the
evidences.

Like in real live, there is no way to avoid abuse but it's rare because
the offenders are easily detected and are punished.

Bruno.