Touchpad can not smooth to move mouse

Luna.Huang at quantatw.com Luna.Huang at quantatw.com
Mon Jul 23 08:13:04 EDT 2007

Um ~ ask a question.

I find my B4 OLPC whose mouse can not smooth moving on sugar.

The issue only happens on Glidesensor(GS) but not on Pentable(PT).

I find resistive can normally respond the mouse address but capacitive is hard.

And catch the driver “/dev/input/mouse0”, it has a little of response when move the mouse.

At first I think maybe ALPS touchpad device is broken.

Then do mouse test on OFW.

Find the touchpad device can normally respond on GS test and PT test.

Now I judge that the device is not broken and the question happens on other HW devices.

Somebody can give me ideal to fine which one device has wrong.

I am not sure what different between driver and OFW test.

Want to solve the question but only can measure waveform just that.

Thanks.

Luna