[sugar] First impressions of a B4 machine

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 02:22:47 EDT 2007

On 7/23/07, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
> One question; did you get a NiMH or a LiFePo4 battery?  LiFePo4 have
> "Battery Sample" written on them.  They are quite a bit lighter than the
> NiMH ones.

It says Battery Sample only.  No mention of what kind of model it is.
For its size, it's a light battery.  I assume it's the LiFePo4.

> The Journal is the mechanism for doing this, and it's there in later
> development builds.

Damn it.  You make it sound like I'm losing so much for not updating.
Eh, eh.  I've avoided so far trying to update the machine without
learning from other user experiences if it's safe.  I mean, I don't
want to render the system unusable just after the expense of sending
it to me.

I guess I'll have to.  No point in working with the system as it is
when so much seems to have changed.

> You don't actually need one yet...

Oh, I was under the impression that I needed.  Which probably isn't
true considering I have access to root by just typing "su".

> thanks for the input!

And you too for taking the time to reply to them.

Cheers,
Ivo