"Could not activate this XO" error

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Sun Jul 22 23:19:20 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-22 at 20:54 -0400, Kim Quirk wrote:
> Thanks Mitch! I didn't know that.
>
> Do you think that is the best way to do the downgrade? I already
> changed the Autoreinstallation page to the notes I above. The possible
> problem at the end of the downgrade didn't sound good; and we are
> going to start using stable release numbers >1000, so if you do change
> it back, please keep that in mind.

you rename the nandXXXX.xxx files to something like nand60000.img and
nand60000.crc, and change the build # to 60000 in olpc.fth.  OFW
compares the version it finds in olpc.fth to the version it sees in the
existing OS on the NAND, so regardless of what build # is in the
nandXXXX files, it'll overwrite the NAND if you make the olpc.fth
version higher than what's on the NAND.

Dan