WWWorkshop/resubmitted git/trac request from known email

Terrence terrence at worldwideworkshop.org
Wed Jul 18 12:00:44 EDT 2007

Hello,

My name is Terrence Grannum from the World Wide Workshop Foundation. We have spoken with Lauren Klein and SJ about integrating closer withOLPC and harnessing the strength of the growing community, and wedecided it would be a great first step to link into your git/tracsystem.

One issue, however, is that although we will be launching our "ActivityCenter" through ONE icon on the Sugar "menu bar," it is really agateway to launch other .xo files (10+ by year end). Right now, forinstance, we have 5 more activities besides the "MMM Activity Center"gateway:

Teacher CenterSlider PuzzleStory BuilderCartoon BuilderPoll Builder
Should I fill out one of these forms for each one? Or do we keep them"together" in some way to convey the sense of a true "bundle." Pleaseadvise.

Thank you,
Terrence Grannum
terrence at worldwideworkshop.org

1. Project name : MaMaMedia Activity Center
2. Existing website, if any : http://www.worldwideworkshop.org/olpcwiki
3. One-line description : Colorful menu page for suite of MaMaMedia .XO activities

4.Longer description : MAMAMEDIA ACTIVITY CENTER is a colorfulMenu Page, an activity launcher, for introducing all the World WideWorkshop Foundation OLPC developments. At the center of it we featureour playful Logo of the Idea Child and it is surrounded by Idea Bubbleswhich are buttons for the learning activities, filled with creativeideas for using the XO laptops for learning and teaching, and lessonplans for students, educators and families in the OLPC communities.

One of the bubbles is the Teachers' Center which includes anoverview of our educational philosophy and design principles, aglossary, a summary of activities and lesson plans, as well as links toour Educators Wiki.
 :
 :
 :

5. URLs of similar projects : http://www.worldwideworkshop.org/olpcwiki/index.php?title=MaMaMedia_Activity_Center

6. Committer list
 Please list the maintainer (lead developer) as the first entry. Only list
 developers who need to be given accounts so that they can commit to your

 project's code repository, or push their own. There is no need to list
 non-committer developers.

 Username Full name SSH2 key URL E-mail
 -------- --------- ------------ ------

 #1 Cn Carlos Neves cn at sueste.net

 If any developers don't have their SSH2 keys on the web, please attach them
 to the application e-mail.

7. Preferred development model

 [X] Central tree. Every developer can push his changes directly to the

 project's git tree. This is the standard model that will be familiar to
 CVS and Subversion users, and that tends to work well for most projects.

 [ ] Maintainer-owned tree. Every developer creates his own git tree, or

 multiple git trees. He periodically asks the maintainer to look at one
 or more of these trees, and merge changes into the maintainer-owned,
 "main" tree. This is the model used by the Linux kernel, and is

 well-suited to projects wishing to maintain a tighter control on code
 entering the main tree.

 If you choose the maintainer-owned tree model, but wish to set up some
 shared trees where all of your project's committers can commit directly,

 as might be the case with a "discussion" tree, or a tree for an individual
 feature, you may send us such a request by e-mail, and we will set up the
 tree for you.

8. Set up a project mailing list:

 [ ] Yes, named after our project name
 [ ] Yes, named ______________________
 [X] No

 When your project is just getting off the ground, we suggest you eschew
 a separate mailing list and instead keep discussion about your project

 on the main OLPC development list. This will give you more input and
 potentially attract more developers to your project; when the volume of
 messages related to your project reaches some critical mass, we can

 trivially create a separate mailing list for you.

 If you need multiple lists, let us know. We discourage having many
 mailing lists for smaller projects, as this tends to
 stunt the growth of your project community. You can always add more lists

 later.

9. Commit notifications

 [ ] Notification of commits to the main tree should be e-mailed to the list
 we chose to create above
 [ ] A separate mailing list, <projectname>-git, should be created for commit

 notifications
 [X] No commit notifications, please

10. Shell accounts

 As a general rule, we don't provide shell accounts to developers unless
 there's a demonstrated need. If you have one, please explain here, and

 list the usernames of the committers above needing shell access.

11. Notes/comments: