add powerbutton and lid platform devices

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 04:51:01 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 09:30 -0700, David Brownell wrote:
> What's this "power manager" component?

At the moment we're using OHM, although it's got a few rough edges, it
seems to do mostly what we need it to right now.

> This policy is easily set through sysfs.  It doesn't need a new
> component to make that decision.

Sure you do. What happens if you are right in the middle of a system
update over wifi -- do you still want to suspend in that case? Or a bios
flash? There has to be something higher level to unset or set the policy
knobs in the kernel with the information from the system or session.

Richard.