New autoreinstallation scripts with activation support.

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Sun Jul 15 23:39:22 EDT 2007

I've created new autoreinstallation scripts which create a stub
activation lease on the usb key during the update process, so that the
activation procedure can exercise the 'activate from usb key' code
path on first boot.  The updated procedure is here:
   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Autoreinstallation_image

The new procedure doesn't require you to manually edit olpc.fth to use
it for a different firmware version or build number: just put the new
build or firmware in /boot and the upgrade script will use it.

Please test the autoreinstallation process and let me know if you find
problems.  Also verify that a file named 'keylist' is placed on your
USB key by the autoreinstallation process.
  --scott

Chris: your upgrade procedure which backs up the users files in /home
should be tweaked to also protect the files in /security to ensure
that the activation lease isn't clobbered during the upgrade.
--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )