Current state of Trial-2 builds. (and checkin process).

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Sat Jul 14 13:30:34 EDT 2007

An incredible amount of features was integrated and started to work!

Now that feature integration is complete, everyone should be spending
most efforts on testing and bug fixing.

Please take a step back for a few minutes or hours hours, go over your
bug lists, close out the ones you've already fixed; update status on
bugs you've made progress on, and start figuring out what you think
should get fixed.  A note to devel on what you think your priorities
should be between now and Trial-2 starting for feedback is welcome if it
isn't obvious to you what is most important.

Later in the week, we'll start pushing bugs out into Trial-3; but often
you know better than we do what is important; you can indicate in trac
if you think this bug should be fixed for Trial-2, or push the bug out
to Trial-3.

Blockers are what they say: blockers.  They come first.

At this stage, either you should be fixing simple cosmetic bugs, or high
priority bugs with bounded risk.  Last hour (it isn't last minute *yet*)
changes that affects massive parts of your code are becoming very
unwise.

1) please leave all new bugs in the "untriaged" state. Kim or I will try
to keep
2) if you have a package/bundle that should go in the build, please
include a change log with references to each bug you are fixing.
Include it directly in trac; having to excavate your change log out of a
rpm or bundle is a bit too painful.
2) please do not assign bugs to J5 yourself; he's on vacation, and we'll
approve all changes to the build from here on out.  Right now, we'll
(Dan Williams I'm also happy to have make these judgements) likely be
lenient, if your judgment seems sensible. Approval is made when Dan or I
assign the trac item to Dan Winship (who is our new build tzar), to
include. The bar will be lifted higher as the days go by.
                         Thank you all for your great work!
                                   - Jim
--
Jim Gettys