cafe_ccic slowness in VIDIOC_S_FMT

Jonathan Corbet corbet at lwn.net
Sun Jul 8 08:01:33 EDT 2007

Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:

> So here you see that calling VIDIOC_S_FMT takes 3655992 microseconds,
> which is a _really_ long time.  Turns out that cafe_cam_configure() from
> s_fmt_cap() takes 378 jiffies.

Trying to make this better was already on my list.  The problem is that
the Cafe i2c has to be treated *really* gently or you start getting
those nifty "write timed out" problems.  But there is almost certainly
room for improvement, it's just a matter of working out what the minimum
delays are.  I'll try to get to it once I'm back home.

jon