can't get wireless working on B2 updated to 406

James Cameron quozl at us.netrek.org
Sat Jul 7 22:53:10 EDT 2007

G'day Stephen,

I've seen this symptom on B2, where the USB wireless device is not
discovered.  Your dmesg shows no sign of the device, though it does show
a USB storage device.  Your lsmod shows no sign of the driver.

I suggest the following further diagnosis:

1.  remove all USB devices that are physically attached to the B2,

2.  remove battery,

3.  remove power cable,

4.  allow thirty seconds to elapse,

5.  add battery,

6.  press power button and observe results,

7.  add back all USB devices to see if any of them are causing the
symptom.

An externally powered USB device in my opinion is more likely to cause
problems than a device powered from the B2.