.xo bundles (was Re: #1803 HIGH Trial-2: Add Chat activity to builds)

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Wed Jul 4 14:39:05 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 14:18 -0400, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> BTW We now have an official registered mime type "vnd.olpc-sugar" which
> specifies "XO" as the magic key to identify the mime type.  At some
> point the PK in the zip header will change to XO.

Hmm, I was thinking about doing something similar to what OpenDocument
does by storing a mimetype file uncompressed on the root of the archive.

In this way we can sniff the mime type while retaining full
compatibility with zip files. Also, we can sniff for different kinds of
bundles, if we reserve vnd.olpc-sugar for activity bundles.

Tomeu