GCompris in sugar ?

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Wed Jan 31 21:10:27 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 18:22 -0500, Adam Jackson wrote:

> It's not like your pixels suddenly get larger in gray mode, the dots
> stay the same size.  You just lose chromaticity, so you need to make
> sure your colors are still discernable even when just looking at
> luminance.  (And yes, it's pretty much the NTSC luminance formula.)

Note that foreground and background color choice also affects
legibility.  Mary Lou Jepsen has written material in our wiki to help
people understand the display and legibility characteristics and someone
has several times tried to "improve" what she wrote and garbled the
meaning, applying their preconceptions about displays to the text.
If/when she has time and energy to try again (she's more than a bit
frustrated about this situation), or someone resurrects her originals in
the wiki, we'll protect those pages against editing, so the explanations
don't get damaged again.

It's a bit painful to work on the wiki from Shanghai: someone who
understands the wiki should go find the right pages as originally
written by Mary Lou and get this fixed.
                                  - Jim

--
Jim Gettys