Priorities during the period running up to BTest-3 for the base system

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 17:35:04 EST 2007

On 1/28/07, Jim Gettys <jg at laptop.org> wrote:
> Serious design thought needs to be given during this period to the
> longer term network services (e.g. software and content distribution,
> name services, application services such as chat), even though
> implementation of these plans may be a bit further out. We need to
> develop a shared vision of how security and authentication will work, so
> that we're moving in a common direction.

Hi Jim,

Where are these discussions/explorations going to take place?

I'm interested in this from a web app integration perspective,
thinking of transparent integration with Moodle. I know this is quite
high in the software stack and Ivan has been telling me "not yet" for
a while -- knowing he's busy I feel bad nagging him ;-)

I missed LCA but I hear you've had a chance to meet Martin Dougiamas.
Perhaps you guys managed to plan something...

cheers,

martin