Opera OLPC edition

Rob Savoye rob at welcomehome.org
Thu Jan 25 12:55:19 EST 2007

Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

>> It's just Gecko; so you should be able to install the plugin
>> to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins as with any Mozilla-based browser.
>
> Yeah, if that doesn't work please let me know. We might need to set some
> env var.

  It doesn't appear to find the plugin when I copy it to
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins. I do have the gnash executable in my path (the
plugin is just a wrapper for the standalone player), and added the Gnash
libraries so they get found at runtime. So I assume maybe I do need an
env var after all. The /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins directory didn't exist
at all, I had to create it. Guess this makes Gnash the first and only
browser plugin for the web activity. :-)

  Typing about:plugins doesn't do anything, so it's hard to tell if it's
even getting found. Anyway, you can grab the plugin from
http://gnash.lulu.com/olpc. Also install the existing tarball to get the
standalone player. In this plugin build, I disabled sound as neither
Gstreamer or ffmpeg seems to work quite right. I'll look into that issue
deeper.

	- rob -