simple book on laptop

Brewster Kahle brewster at archive.org
Tue Jan 23 19:18:13 EST 2007

For a talk at the Commonwealth Club in SF on the future of the book, Dan
Aronson made a book display for the laptop in tablet mode. We passed it
around and a room of people flipped pages on this cool book on this
nifty laptop.

If you have a B1 OLPC and want to do this, then go to book:
http://www.archive.org/details/owlandpussycat00leariala

and read the review that has the way to configure the keycodes so that
the direction pad on the tablet map into direction keys and if flips the
pages.

then click on the HTML link on the left hand side.

It looks really good.  The 200 dpi screen is very nice even on scanned
pages.

Go open books, go open laptop.

yippie!

-brewster

PS.  next we have to make something real work, but it is nice to see
simple demos work.