Teleconference information for software status meeting

Pierre Ossman drzeus-list at drzeus.cx
Tue Jan 23 14:42:10 EST 2007

Jim Gettys wrote:
> OLPC software teleconference.   Note also the action item list below.
> Dave and I will try to call in from Shanghai.  Failing that, Mitch will
> chair.

This is the middle of the night here, so I'll just pipe in here with my
status.

The fix for the SD off-by-one hardware bug is in the stable kernel tree,
high-speed support only in experimental. We need to do some more
extensive testing with this fix applied, which probably means rolling a
new build.

Many MMC cards stopped working when we went to ASIC. This has been
pointed out to Marvell, but we don't have a reason or solution yet. I'll
double check the bus frequencies selected.

Lastly, Marvell is providing a set of cards to be used for performance
tuning. One set has been sent to Cambridge, one to Mitch and one here.
I've provided interested parties with a description of SD read and write
cycles, but no real plan of attack here yet.

Richard and Mitch can hopefully fill in any blanks.  :)

Rgds
--
     -- Pierre Ossman

  Linux kernel, MMC maintainer        http://www.kernel.org