gcompris?

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg at redhat.com
Tue Jan 23 08:49:13 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 18:31 +0530, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 12:39:55PM +0100, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> > > * The framework is written in C
> > >
> > > We can solve this either wrapping the GComprisBoard API in python or by
> > > implementing the activity in C. In general we have been using the first
> > > option but in this case the second one could make sense too, since you
> > > can already write gcompris boards in python.
> >
> > Given that the services provided by the Board seem minimal, another
> > alternative would be to write a ComprisBoard -> Activity adapter in
> > python.
>
> Quit worrying! Gcompris already has a python API!

Yeah, as I mentioned, you can implement boards in python. But AFAICT the
code which create and manage boards is C, without bindings.

The concept of Board in gcomps maps pretty well to the one of Activity
in Sugar (expect Activity has a more rich set of functionalities, mesh
sharing for example).

Reusing the gcompris boards would be awesome but we need to figure out a
way to do it that, while staying compatible with gcompris, allows us to
extend them to use Sugar activity functionalities.

Marco